[meteorite-list] Meteorite survival

From: ensoramanda <ensoramanda_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sat, 03 May 2008 22:21:19 +0100

Hi Jeff/All,

Thanks to those who replied to my question about survival of Chondrites
in wet climates. The Pultusk, found in 2006 after more than a century in
a wet climate, is an excellent example Jeff.
Great pieces Marcin.

I suppose that means that larger pieces of Barwell may still be around
in reasonable condition....although Barwell is probably more fragile and
an L chondrite rather than an H....or perhaps that means there is less
in the matrix to rust and weather the meteorite away. We know more about
what to look out for now.

Graham Ensor