[meteorite-list] What a surprise! (not)

From: Jason Utas <meteoritekid_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu, 1 May 2008 11:48:51 -0700

Hello Herman, Dave, All,
Regardless of whether or not he discounted shipping, he did still
'lift' a description that was written by someone else - without asking
for the right to use it.
This has been noted as an issue in the past, and it is clear that
(although he did well to find a cheaper shipping service) wayner44
still made a mistake in copying a description which he could easily
have, at the very least, credited to the author. I see no excuse for
doing what he did - except for laziness.
Furthermore, who on earth would pay more than a few dollars to ship a
twenty gram bit of Henbury? I think you're looking at this the wrong
way; it should have cost only a few dollars to ship it in the first
place. He discounted it $9 from...what, exactly? Needless to say, it
would have been ridiculous had he *not* changed the shipping cost.
What he did was not a shining example of charity, ingenuity, or
intelligence. What he did was reasonable, nothing more - to say
nothing of his plagiarism.
Regards,
Jason