[meteorite-list] AD~~cutting service required---HELP

From: jim brady <jbrady1_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sun, 30 Mar 2008 14:35:52 +0000 (GMT)

Greetings listees
        I am seeking bids for the cutting of a largeish NWA869 into multiple thin slices.Lets say 10 cuts as a starting point.The rock in question is approximately 7 x 7 x 4 inches and weighs 3730 grams.Assuming a cutting loss of 20% this should still get me 9 full slices of about 280grams each and 2 end cuts.Is a wire saw out of the question as too expensive?Can anyone advise as to potential costs,both with and without polishing.Onlist or off ,I'm sure the info may be of use to others.Thanks in advance

Jim