[meteorite-list] Meteorite market trends - a critical note

From: GREG LINDH <geeg48_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sat, 29 Mar 2008 00:06:47 -0700

  Hi again, Darren,

  Once again, we agree. I'd love to have access to pristine "space rocks" as they exist before entering our atmosphere. How nice it would be to travel from asteroid to asteroid, to the moon and all of the planets and their moons and grab a piece of each.
  Lately, I find that I've become envious of those who have large, eclectic collections. I have only 21 meteorites. Then I realize that it was just a year and a half ago that I was unaware that meteorites were available to the public. I purchased my first one from the Kitt Peak Observatory Gift Shop. It is an oriented Sikhote-Alin....one and a quarter pounds. Whenever I find myself starting to covet what others have, I just remind myself that it was only a short time ago that I had no meteorites. Now I have 21 pretty special rocks. They sit before me on my computer desk and on my book shelves.
  I'm a lucky man.

  Greg Lindh