[meteorite-list] Rocks from Space Picture of the Day - March 26, 2008 / S...

From: Göran Axelsson <axelsson_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu, 27 Mar 2008 02:26:14 +0100

Interesting... how big was that meteorite?

The reason I ask is because I have an ear witness of the fall a couple
of years ago in Sweden. Two boys were spending the night in a tent and
they heard the detonation and a hissing sound. They thought it was a
trailer that had sprung a leak on a tyre.

We never found that stone but maybe it would be a good place to revisit
in the summer.
Any idea on how far the sound travels?

/G?ran