[meteorite-list] Rocks from Space Picture of the Day - March 26, 2008 / Story

From: Thetoprok at aol.com <Thetoprok_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed, 26 Mar 2008 12:55:38 EDT

Bernd, List,

Thanks to all for the nice comments, It's my pleasure to share the story.

Bernd asked about the amount of time that passed between the explosion and
the fall of stones.
Yes, I asked specifically and he said it was a minute or two, I remember
being a bit surprised at this.
I need to note that I may have made an error. I wrote that the meteorite was
picked up within a minute of falling, but now I'm thinking it may have been
a couple hours. I must be getting old! Either way it never saw the rain that
most other recoveries at Park Forest did.

In a message dated 3/26/2008 10:56:11 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,