[meteorite-list] AD: ISO Lawrencite Cleanup

From: Mr EMan <mstreman53_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Mar 2008 19:59:11 -0700 (PDT)

This is an AD-- sort of-- but I am looking for a service, someone with
experience and time to try to save my pallasite and iron specimens from
Lawrencite Infestation.

When I was upended and rolled over in the August accident (Re; New
Strewn Filed in PA) my various collections were jumbled, many were
specimens along with collection labels were lost or ruined. The box
with the irons was under water for a brief time and went un-noticed for
several months in storage. These were largely rust prone specimens
anyway. But I had a rim recovered Canyon Diablo with diamond that I
hope to salvage.

If anyone on the list is willing to consider restoration/retreating
these, please contact me off list to discuss particulars and fees. Or
"on list" if you offer advice.

This would be 8-10 irons and 5-6 chondrites US Quarter to Half-dollar
sized. BTW The Natans were completely shale when found but the
Sikhote-Alins hardly so any sign of exposure.

Elton