[meteorite-list] A welcome to meteorite collecting tutorial

From: lebofsky at lpl.arizona.edu <lebofsky_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed, 5 Mar 2008 02:05:48 -0700 (MST)

Hi Pete:

As at least one other person has said, please be careful with the
definition of bolide. The IAU does not recognize the term (they do not
recognize terrestrial or gas giant or Jovian for planets either, but that
is a part of another story). However, if you look at the Wikipedia
definition, impact geologists use it for big things hitting the Earth
since there is no way to know what did the hitting (comet or asteroid).

Larry