[meteorite-list] March 4 RSPOD Oriented (sic) 32kg stone

From: Dave Gheesling <dave_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue, 4 Mar 2008 07:47:46 -0500

Happy to confirm this, Elton, as this specimen is in my collection and I'm
looking at it right now. You can go to www.fallingrocks.com, click the sign
on the home page, click the smaller sign on the collection page (to "All"),
scroll down to NWA XXX and you will find anterior and posterior images of it
there. It should be fairly obvious, but the lumpy and extremely thick crust
on the trailing face might be the best indication for you as these photos
were taken rather quickly. It will be in classification shortly and thus
moved out of the XXX category when nomenclature is assigned. The point of
the photograph, by the way, was the wonderful reaction these students have
to an opportunity to directly interact with meteorite specimens, and we had
just discussed flight orientation in this magnate class; it was not about
the meteorite itself.
Best regards,
Dave