[meteorite-list] Speck Issues - Reply to this subject

From: Lasse Lindh <3l_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue, 04 Mar 2008 08:36:28 +0100

Hi Don and all

I am a collector with a tight budget, but I would still not buy a speck
that only is identifyable buy the card that follows it. I would rather
save money and buy a small piece or an individual. I agree that as long
as the tiny speck is waste from cutting it's OK, but how do we know that
it is? The price per gram for a tiny speck is often a lot higher than a
bigger piece. It might not be for all, but I've seen this quite often.

Regards

Lasse