[meteorite-list] AD - Awesome Auctions Ending - Gather Around The Good Stuff!

From: Adam Hupe <raremeteorites_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon, 3 Mar 2008 10:54:04 -0800 (PST)

Dear List Members,

I have several outstanding auctions ending this
afternoon and tomorrow including the largest fragments
available from Northwest Africa 5000, "The Cosmic
Masterpiece." Six fragments of the best lunar
meteorite ever found are still available and selling
fast as twelve of the eighteen listed have already
been spoken for. These fragments were dislodged
during mold-making, cutting and polishing. Many have
generous amounts of crust. Once the fragments are
gone, we will be offering rated slices at a somewhat
higher price for obvious reasons so this is the least
expensive way to get into a sizable specimen.

We expect sales of the slices to be fairly brisk after
Northwest Africa 5000 is formally announced at the
39th Lunar and Planetary Science Conference in Houston
on March 13th. We will make some slices available
following the formal announcement when we return to
Washington. If you are in Houston around this time,
be sure to look us up as the world's largest complete
lunar slice will be on display. It has to be
experienced in person as no image will do it justice.

All of the auctions can be seen at this link:
http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZraremeteorites

A Few Highlights:

A complete slice of Renfrow from the Robert Haag
Collection, page 103 of his catalog is being offered
too.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=140210738225

An awesome Seymchan slice:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=140210725539

The most sculptural Campo I have ever seen with a
HOLE:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=130201372061

Six remaining fragments of "The Rock" can be found
here:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=130201381821
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=130201382187
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=130201382802
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=130201385186
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=140210735216
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=140210736062

Two complete LUNAR slices::
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=140210727289
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=140210726984

Be sure to check out all of the auctions at this link:
http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZraremeteorites

Thank you for looking and if you are bidding, good
luck.

Best Regards,

Adam Hupe
The Hupe Collection