[meteorite-list] Summer time slowdown

From: tett <tett_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sat, 28 Jun 2008 09:15:23 -0400

Having a nice coffee on a slow Saturday morning while relaxing at my
computer I began to contemplate meteorites and I picked up my gorgeous
~250gram Chergach individual (Thanks Roman!). I began to realize that
summer time is a slow time for me when it comes to meteorites. Not that my
love for them wanes but other interests and activities and commitments arise
during the summer and over the years I found that I simply stop going nuts
over meteorites and turn my attention to other things. One big distraction
is motorcycles. I spend as much time on the open road cruising on my
Valkyrie or bombing on my 1975 CB750. Never enough time to ride one of my
bikes and even my wife complains that I do not take her riding enough.

I have no fear that my love(lust) for meteorites will explode again this
fall as it has every year for the past dozen years or so. In October I hope
to pop in on Bernd and that will definitely kick me in the back side and get
my meteorite saliva flowing.

All this contemplation got me to thinking about you other guys and gals
hooked on stellar stones. Is your love for meteorites cyclical? Is that
why the list is so slow right now? What seasonal activities distract others
from meteorites? Are sales slowest this time of year?

Have a great Saturday!

Mike Tettenborn
Owen Sound, Ontario