[meteorite-list] Chergach H5-IMB 2 Lithologies Photos

From: Greg Hupe <gmhupe_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Jun 2008 13:13:43 -0400

Dear List Members,

I just returned from Morocco and Western Sahara a couple days ago. Of the
few meteorites worth getting, I did get a single 362-gram Chergach H5-IMB
stone which I cut and polished yesterday - AMAZING!! Here are some links to
photos which show a distinct, shocked vein dividing the two different
lithologies of H5 and Impact Melt Breccia (IMB).

39.9g cs
http://www.lunarrock.com/ebay/6-23/dsc00001.jpg

38.9g cs
http://www.lunarrock.com/ebay/6-23/dsc00002.jpg

38.3g cs
http://www.lunarrock.com/ebay/6-23/dsc00003.jpg

31.3g ec
http://www.lunarrock.com/ebay/6-23/dsc00004.jpg

26.1g ps
http://www.lunarrock.com/ebay/6-23/dsc00005.jpg

16.9g ps (Breccia lith. with part of shock vein)
http://www.lunarrock.com/ebay/6-23/dsc00006.jpg

14.6g ps
http://www.lunarrock.com/ebay/6-23/dsc00007.jpg

5.2g ps (H5 lith. with shock vein)
http://www.lunarrock.com/ebay/6-23/dsc00008.jpg

2.2g ps
http://www.lunarrock.com/ebay/6-23/dsc00009.jpg

1.6g ps
http://www.lunarrock.com/ebay/6-23/dsc00010.jpg

92.1g Complete with 99% crust
http://www.lunarrock.com/ebay/6-23/dsc00011.jpg

64.1g Complete with 100% crust
http://www.lunarrock.com/ebay/6-23/dsc00012.jpg

cs-Complete Slice
ps-Part Slice
ec-End Cut

I also got two excellent complete stones with fantastic fusion crust, one
with a 15mm gunblue metal blob with flowlines protruding from the black
crust. These weigh between 400-500 grams each. I traded my large scale while
in Morocco so I can not get the exact weights until later this week. Here
are the photos of these two beauties:

Chergach #1
http://www.lunarrock.com/ebay/6-23/chergach1.jpg

Chergach #2