[meteorite-list] Space Art (& meteorite impact - AD)

From: Michael L Blood <mlblood_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sat, 21 Jun 2008 05:33:28 -0700

http://michaelbloodmeteorites.com/JerryArmstrong.html

Hi all,
        I just got back from a really beautiful trip to GA. I stayed with
Jerry Armstrong (who was an amazing host) and was able to visit
Dave Gheesling and Anita Westlake's homes and see their terrific
Collections. Anita's home is like a living museum virtually flowing
Over with fascinating goodies - with an impressive hallway of
Macromount sized meteorite specimens very handsomely displayed.
Dave's, on the other hand, is only one room.... A room that knocks
Your socks off. I have only been blown away by 3 private collections,
And his was one of them. I will save descriptions for an article - it
Deserves it.
        The reason I write today is that I heard someone on the list asked
If there were any meteorite and/or space art "out there." Yes, grasshopper,
There is:
        Jerry's work is renowned - appearing in several museums,on 3 book
covers & Gracing the cover of Meteorite Magazine. He was entirely out of
Circulation for several years following 3 heart attacks and bypass
Surgeries. However, he is now "back in the game" and painting away.
In fact, he is currently working on a depiction of the Campo fall! I
Can't wait to see it.
        Meanwhile, he has a few originals still available as well as some
Remarkable "copies" produced on canvas with an amazing process called
Gilcee. You can read about this process and see most of his paintings at:

http://michaelbloodmeteorites.com/JerryArmstrong.html

        Besides for these paintings, he will paint an original for you of
any fall, astronomical phenomenon, paleolithic scene or anything you
Like.
        His work is well worth seeing - click any photo for a larger image.
        Best wishes, Michael
PS: I just got this up since my return yesterday and should have most
Of the kinks worked out in the next day or so.