[meteorite-list] Estherville Crystal

From: tracy latimer <daistiho_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Jun 2008 17:02:00 +0000

 A couple of years ago there was a MPOTD of an Estherville slice with one end so full of olivine crystals it looked more like a rogue pallasite. Since I love pallasites, I sniffed around and got my own specimen from Impactica. Nowhere near as olivine rich, but it DOES have one translucent, nicely framed olivine crystal about 1/4" in diameter, so olivine crystals in Estherville are not unheard of.

Just my 2g,
Tracy Latimer