[meteorite-list] Ad Book list & meteorite Sale

From: Mike Jensen <meteoriteplaya_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri, 6 Jun 2008 10:54:56 -0600

Hi all
It has been a while since I have done a book sale. I did have a copy
of Nininger Photographic Study...Part 1 but it sold to my Yahoo groups
list. If you want first choice please sign up for my group;
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Jensen-Meteorites/

I have also reduced the price of some of the books and pamphlets on my
website. I will further reduce the prices another 20% for all used
books and pamphlets except those with an Rarity rating.
http://jensenmeteorites.com/book_cat.htm

I also wanted to mention the new book by Norton and Chitwood was
delayed by the publisher. I am not selling it but would recommend you
pre order a copy from Amazon. Looks like the price is a little higher
as I got mine for $26 or so and now it is $30.
http://tinyurl.com/452mnc

I have been offering more meteorites in my Ebay store. Currently I
have 80 for sale so please check them out;
http://tinyurl.com/36lum2
If you see any you want to purchase let me know and I will reduce the
price by 10% if I can pull them off Ebay first.

So let me know if there is anything you cannot live without;

Burke, John G. 1986 Cosmic Debris: Meteorites in History. University
of California Press: Berkeley. Hardcover in G+/G+ condition. Simply
the best book on the History of Meteorites. 445 pages. Rarity R2
$60.00

Farrington, Oliver C. 1915. Catalogue of the Meteorites of North
America to January 1, 1909. National Academy of Sciences, Volume XIII,
Washington. Maroon cloth hardback in G- condition no DJ as issued.
Faded covers, spine tore, boards loose. Hard to find book in any
condition. 450 pages Rarity R3 $205.00

Gomes, C. B. & Keil, K. 1980. Brazilian Stone Meteorites. U of New
Mexico Press 1st Ed. 8vo., hardback, no DJ as issued. VG condition.
Only mark is a bump to bottom of cover. First 46 pages cover fairly
scientific treatment of meteorites in general. Rest of book includes
lots of information and pictures of Angra de Rios the angrite,
Governador Valadares a nakhlite, and Ibitira and Serra de Mage both
eucrites. In all 21 meteorites are covered. 159 pp. $25.00

Grady M. M. & Hutchison, Robert & McCall, G. J. H. & Rothery, David A.
1998 Meteorites: Flux With Time and Impact Effects. Geological Society
Pub House. Hardcover with no DJ as issued. This is a real heavy duty
book with several scientific articles on meteorites but with many more
articles on impacts. 278 pp Original retail $160.00 now only $95.00

Graham, A. & Beven, A. & Hutchison, R. 1985. Catalogue of Meteorites
with special reference to those represented in the collection of the
British Museum (Natural History). Fourth edition revised and enlarged.
University of Arizona Press, Tucson, Arizona. Hardcover, 460 pages G-
condition, spine damaged for 2" on top of book, spine cocked, minor
highlighting, soiled edges damaged corners. $45.00.

Hawkins, Gerald S. 1964 The Physics and Astronomy of Meteors, Comets
and Meteorites. McGraw-Hill Book Co. New York. B & w illust. And
index. Good hardcover, with dj in mylar, Ex lib. with usual artifacts.
124 pp $5.00

Merrill, George P., 1938 Minerals From Earth and Sky, with part one:
The Story of Meteorites. Smithsonian Scientific Series: Volume three.
Hardcover (red cover), 163 pages in part one (331 pages total in book
+42 plates). Very good, previous owners inscription front end paper.
$30.00.

Nininger, H. H. 1942 A Comet Strikes the Earth. Desert Magazine Press
El Centro CA. Stiff, orange/rust, stapled wrappers 4?" x 6". Includes
an oxidized fragment of nickel-iron meteorite from Meteor Crater,
Arizona. Poor condition with water stains to both covers. Previous
owner's stamp on title page and rear end paper. Correction page pasted
to front end paper. Hard to find this rare 1st edition in any
condition. $20.00

Nininger, H. H. 1956 Arizona's Meteorite Crater: Past-Present-Future.
American Meteorite Museum, Sedona. Cloth hard cover (VG) with DJ in
G-(lots of scrapes and chips). Previous owners stamp on fep. 232 pp.
$55.00 I also have a signed copy that is in rough shape(ex library).
I am waiting to receive it but will sell it for only $95.00. Let me
know if you are interested in it and I will contact you once it
arrives.

Nininger, H.H. 1972 Find a Falling Star. Paul S. Erickson NY. 8vo.,
hardcover in VG condition with poor DJ, numerous tears and pieces
missing. 254 pp. $55.00

Nininger, H. H. 1933 Our Stone-Pelted Planet. American Meteorite
Museum, Winslow. very good/no dj; blue cloth hardcover; some spots on
cover spine slightly cocked. Signed the by author "Jan 4, 1949 H. H.
Nininger". 237 pp. Rarity R3. $195.00

Nininger, H. H. 1952 Out of the Sky An Introduction to Meteoritics. U
of Denver Press, Denver. 8vo., hardcover, VG condition DJ-poor,
numerous tears and chips. Previous owners CA Academy of Sciences
Library book plate front inside cover, embossed seal on title page and
library catalog number on DJ spine. 336 pp. Rarity R2 $75.00

Nininger, H. H. 1959 Out of the Sky An Introduction to Meteoritics.
Dover Publications, New York 1959. Paperback. 336 pp. VG++ condition.
One of the best paperbacks condition wise I have ever had. $40.00

O'Keefe, John A. ed. 1963 Tektites. University of Chicago Press. 8vo.
dark blue cloth hardcover. VG condition, ex library with usual
artifacts. 228 pp $65.00

Saint Gorge's Brotherhood of the Meteorite's Guardian and the History
Society Present, Story of a Meteorite. History of the Ensisheim
meteorite, with distribution insert. Oversized booklet 14 pp. $10.00

Wood, John A. 1968 Meteorites and the Origin of Planets. McGraw-Hill,
NY. 12mo, blue cloth hard cover, VG+/No Jacket. Price ink stamped &
handwritten pencil signature to fep. 117 pp. $12.00

Mike

--
Mike Jensen
Jensen Meteorites