[meteorite-list] ziz (NWA 854)

From: steve arnold <stevenarnold60120_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon, 2 Jun 2008 18:08:20 -0700 (PDT)

Good evening list.I know it has been along time since the ZIZ iron has been talked about.I just received my 47.7 gram individual today.It is amazing that it looks so much like sikote-alin.But the decisive difference I notice is that is a little brown in color vs. the blackness of the sa's.What is the difference between the IAB CLASS VS. THE IIAB CLASS?Also my piece has some lipping on 1 side also with some nice flowlines as well as some orientation.Is it uncommon to have flowlines on desert irons?Ilike the ZIZ name better than NWA 854.Any comments??

Steve R.Arnold,chicago,Ill,Usa!! ???? The Asteroid Belt! ??? http://chicagometeorites.net/ ??? Collecting Meteorites since 06/19/1999 ??? Ebay I.D. Illinoismeteorites