[meteorite-list] AD(?) Gary Foote Recovery Auction - Update

From: Maria Haas <dragonsoup_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu, 24 Jul 2008 17:30:39 -0700

Hello Everyone,

In response to your feedback last night and today, I've made some significant changes to the auction. I can't move all of the items to eBay for several reasons but I did change the minimum starting bids to $1 on a bunch of items. If that's part of why you aren't bidding, please take another look at what I did at http://www.meteoriteimpact.com/footeauction.htm!

Please feel free to start the bidding on these items with just $1.00 !!

 -- Small brick from the Nininger Museum at Meteor Crater (Do you have one of these?) - http://www.meteoriteimpact.com/museumstone01.htm

 -- Carancas micro - 0.10 gram with a VISIBLE CLAST - http://www.meteoriteimpact.com/Carancas0.10.htm

 -- Lot of six meteorite publications - http://www.meteoriteimpact.com/sixpublications.htm

 -- Large brick from the Nininger Museum at Meteor Crater (It's sculpted!) - http://www.meteoriteimpact.com/museumstone02.htm

 -- Holbrook fragment from the "HOLY GRAIL" - http://www.meteoriteimpact.com/Holbrook%20Holy%20Grail.htm

 -- Carancas Micro - 0.08 grams with nice surface area for the weight (There once was a fall near Bolivia...) - http://www.meteoriteimpact.com/Carancas0.08.htm

 -- NWA 869 Oriented shield with FROTHY BUBBLES - http://www.meteoriteimpact.com/nwa869shield.htm

 -- Carancas ROOF-SMASHER Package - http://www.meteoriteimpact.com/Carancas_roof.htm

Don't forget to check the high bids for each item at http://www.meteoriteimpact.com/Highbids.htm It will be updated daily by 7:00pm PST. When the bids really start coming in, it will be updated more than once a day. I'll let you know when that happens. Oh, and don't forget to refresh the high-bid page when you go back to it.

I made a mistake when I addressed my last email to the Met-List and the IMCA list and I apologize for doing that. That "Reply All" button is wicked, isn't it! :-)

Thank you very much for your kindness and support. Please feel free to contact me with questions.

Maria