[meteorite-list] New possible impact structures detected NH. US.

From: m42protosun at aol.com <m42protosun_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri, 25 Jul 2008 14:53:05 -0400

Good evening Dirk (MEZ 20:40)
Hello list,
thank you for your comment to possible impact structure in Australia
(Northeast of Henbury).
I have now noticed the altitude funktion of GE (Mouse shifting).
Hunting impact sites was a hobby of me about
nearly 40 years ago, when I was employed in oil prospection companies.
My job was analysing seismic waves on
an IBM 7060 computer which was at that time one of the fastes of the
world. often I found in the waves an echo
of compressed limestone. After a long pause I started again in the 90s
visiting the german structures
Noerdlingern Ries and Steinheimer Becken. At that time it was aloud to
prospect the scene as hobby
mineralogist and I found some very nice cones. Today it is forbidden
and I use GOOGLE.

Now my answer to your comment:
In a desert area a 1 meter higher level around a ring of trees must not
be the a hill. It could be a dune of
sand. Remember! During impact the crater wall inside is hard forced by
shearing forces and the crater center
is forced by hard pressure. After years of weathering the crater will
be filled with sand and everytime when
it becames wet the ring of sheared limestone around the compressede
center takes off the water and the sand
enters the higher porosity. It sinks and build the water reservoir for
the vegetation.So it might be a filled
crater. If you compare it against the small Henburies you will see the
same eff
ect.
My theory is that the Henbury cluster is not the total impact area and
that Boxhole is a crater of the cluster
too. Between both there must be a lot of other impacts. I have put a
ruler from one to the other and on this
line a lot of images look like impact structures. But I'm not im
Australia. Therefore I can only make a
conjecture.

Other "impact structures":
 24?29'34.68"S, 133?13'30.44"E

Now to New Hamshire, US. look at:
 43? 6'42.49"N, 71?11'24.44"W
 43?16'57.90"N, 71?11'6.78"W
 42?54'53.69"N, 71?35'36.35"W
I did not know wether they are or wether they are wellknown.

Tell me please your meaning
Sincerely Uwe

-----Urspr?ngliche Mitteilung-----