[meteorite-list] A million $ rock on eBay

From: Rob McCafferty <rob_mccafferty_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sat, 19 Jul 2008 17:22:22 -0700 (PDT)

Michael

Though what you say is true, I can appreciate why

I trust the information from this list. I'm sure many others do.

If you tell me you've a new meteorite, I believe you. I'm not likely to ask anything more than the information you'd tell me anyway.

If someone points out a meteorwrong, it's no surprise that there are a lot of people (a lot less experienced than you) who want to know how to spot the latest junk. I know I'm one of them.

Take it as a complement that people trust your announcements rather than thinking lack of response is lack of interest.
Maybe you should reannounce it at 2-4 week intervals.
Would people mind the repetition? Well one thing's for sure, they'd tell you.
I'm sure as eggs is eggs interested. If it makes you feel better, I'll stir up a bit of controversy to get people talking about the newest finds.
(I won't really)

Rob McC