[meteorite-list] Rocks from Space Picture of the Day - July 15, 2008

From: Impactika at aol.com <Impactika_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Jul 2008 16:53:04 EDT

Sorry people!

I was going by the description in the Catalogue of Meteorites. Obviously a
little out-dated but still with the most information as to the number of
pieces found, when and where.
And there it is listed as "Iron, Ungrouped" but with a nickel content of
4.9% so an Hexahedrite.

Anyway, it is not a meteorite you see very often, and it is so shiny I had a
very hard time getting a good picture. Thank you Michael for publishing it.

Enjoy it, I got more coming!

Anne M. Black
www.IMPACTIKA.com
IMPACTIKA at aol.com
Vice-President of IMCA
www.IMCA.cc

In a message dated 7/15/2008 2:14:08 PM Mountain Daylight Time,