[meteorite-list] Getting NASA Money

From: E.P. Grondine <epgrondine_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon, 14 Jul 2008 14:00:18 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Steve -

"I bet we meteorite hunters collectively could find 50 new different
Martian meteorites for $80,000,000 if someone would put up the reward money. And science would learn MORE from those 50 than they would from one single one.

Where do I apply to compete for some of this crazy grant money? Somebody
help me get some!- Steve Arnold #1"

Sure, Steve, you could get more SNCs by hunting than by sample return from Mars, but you forgot the important part: buying a rocket from a US manufacturer and launching it.

So here's the plan. Buy a rocket, launch it, then use the money that you didn't spend for the lander/return to hunt for SNC's. Take SNC's, place in suitable fake container, drop from airplane, proclaim mission a success.
Take money from Swiss Bank account, move to Brazil, buy real real nice meteorite collection.

E.P. Grondine
Man and Impact in the Americas