[meteorite-list] Fwd: How many meteorite dealers are there?

From: Michael L Blood <mlblood_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed, 09 Jul 2008 11:58:37 -0700

Hi Doug, Tim and all,
        I was one of the 3 on the internet - those were exciting days and
Many life long friendships were formed.
        If you look in the archives, I did a survey study of the members of
The Meteorite List. While there was not a 100% response rate, the
Rate of response was VERY high. I asked 25 questions as I recall
And one of them was, "do you sell meteorites" and "does it make up
A significant portion of your income." (or the like - y'all know I have
A terrible memory.
        In any event, over 40% of the hundreds of people who responded
Stated they were meteorite dealers!
        Please check the archives for specific statistical information.
        Best wishes, Michael