[meteorite-list] spmeone had a great 4th sometime, what a photo!

From: Sterling K. Webb <sterling_k_webb_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sun, 6 Jul 2008 19:08:26 -0500

As I recall, this photo was taken in Australia.
Image Google Comet McNaught; there
are plenty of huge pictures. McNaught was
a "showy" comet with a tail like a peacock.

Or go to:
http://antwrp.gsfc.nasa.gov/apod/archivepix.html
and search for pictures of McNaught. Lots of big
beautiful ones there (January, 2007).

You could see it in broad daylight. What I liked
about it is that its ion tail was made of IRON
atoms. A special gift for all the people who insist
comets are "just" iceballs -- an Iron Comet!

Sterling K. Webb