[meteorite-list] New guy introduces himself with a couple of questions

From: Metorman46 at aol.com <Metorman46_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2008 14:00:54 EST

Welcome Michael;

You asked about a diamond saw when cutting small specimens.A tile saw works
well if you clamp the specimen securely.I use a regular tile saw with a
sliding table bought at Lowe's.The blade is rather thick that comes with it,but
you can purchase cubic boron blades and probably some others that are
thinner.Mine is a 6" bladed saw.( Hope this helps ).

The IMCA is a good organization for meteorite collectors and dealers,i
belong and will occasionally sell some items that are excess in my collection,of
course,I am a collector.Maybe i feel that belonging to the IMCA helps keep me
honest and gives me a feeling that fellow members are likewise honest and
straight foreward in their transactions ( it has been so ).Many dealers don't
belong and they are honest and trustworthy.I guess it is a matter of personal
preference as to the degree that someone wants to go to get involved in
collecting anything.Meteorites are one of the greatest fascinations to me and i
love to possess them.Seems you do too.That's good and again welcome aboard.(
collector of meteorites )!

Best Regards:Herman Archer IMCA # 2770