[meteorite-list] Presenting Northwest Africa 5000, A Cosmic Masterpiece!

From: Adam Hupe <raremeteorites_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2008 09:06:36 -0800 (PST)

Dear List Members,

We would like to take this opportunity to announce
Northwest Africa 5000. To keep things
straightforward, Northwest Africa 5000 is a Massive,
Gorgeous and Unique Feldspathic Leucogabbroic Breccia
from the Lunar Highlands. We deem that it is the most
impressive meteorite ever found but admittedly there
may be some biases involved, we will let you be the
judge. Its immense presence influenced more than two
dozen enthusiasts to become involved with the
supervision of this remarkable meteorite. Every
aspect of Northwest Africa 5000 has been micromanaged,
representing over 1,600 man-hours of passionate labor
over the last five months. There is too much to cover
in a single post so we will be providing supplementary
information in the upcoming weeks.

Several new systems including a rating scale has been
developed around this Moon rock. We will get more into
this later including the scale key. This rating
system is extremely rigid, more so than that of
widespread diamonds, common in comparison to material
from our Moon. Basically, the scale ranges from 0 for
typical lunar material (if there is such a thing) all
the way up to a nearly unachievable 10 based on 6
points of criteria. The new rating system is so
stringent that it is possible for a Lunaite to rate
less than 0.

We do not have a sales inventory ready at this time as
the prepared slices are still being analyzed and
independently rated, however we are on track to make a
few nice specimens obtainable at the Tucson Gem and
Mineral Show. Please consider hanging onto your
hard-earned assets until you have experienced
Northwest Africa 5000 as we reason you will be of the
same mind that it is the all-time best. Your
resources will be best invested in a rock that is
destined to become legendary. We will post an
announcement when the catalog is finished and where it
can be seen in person as it is impossible to capture
its beauty by way of image. For those of you who will
be attending the Tucson show, I will introduce you to
two promotional consultants who are also partners on
this massive project, young and understand fun!

Here is a link providing more details in Microsoft
Word format. There are sub-links imbedded in this
document including a huge 3-D movie file, a PDF file
and a few standard images.

Link to document:
http://themeteoritesite.com/NWA5000.doc

Thank you for looking and stand by for more
enthralling information on the most impressive
meteorite ever found!

Adam Hupe
IMCA 2185
Team LunarRock