[meteorite-list] Watch out for falling metal, guys with sunglasses and dark suits

From: Sterling K. Webb <sterling_k_webb_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sat, 26 Jan 2008 23:41:54 -0600

Hi,

    It's not an "old photo reconnaisance satellite"
as Fox and the others reported. It's a new and
experimental vehicle launched a little over a year
ago.

    Check the New York Times story I quoted in
my post. The "old" satellite story did not add up,
for the various reasons I gave (and probably others
I didn't think of), and it turns out that it's likely not
an "old photo reconnaisance satellite."

Sterling K. Webb