[meteorite-list] Asteroid 2007 TU24 to Make Rare Close Flybyof Earth January 29

From: Chris Peterson <clp_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri, 25 Jan 2008 21:28:34 -0700

For those of us living under dark skies, Comet Holmes is far from gone.
It remains an easy and obvious naked eye object, of remarkable size. In
binoculars, it's even more impressive.

As for TU24, at something like 3 arcsec/sec, no patience will be
required to see it move. That's fast enough that you'll actually see it
drifting against background stars. It will be closest on the morning of
29 January UT. So from North America, look for it in Perseus on the
evening of 28/29 January. By 7pm EST on 29 January, it will be in Ursa
Major, and a day past its closest approach, although it may still be
getting brighter.

Chris

Chris L Peterson
Cloudbait Observatory