[meteorite-list] Return of Red Rain

From: Sterling K. Webb <sterling_k_webb_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2008 22:38:27 -0600

Hi, Don, List,

    Well, the topic concerns the claimed infall of
extraterrestrial material onto the Earth, a suggestion
put forth by academic astronomic professionals.
I happen to think they're wrong, and most of their
fellow professionals in the field think they're wrong,
but that doesn't rule out discussing new evidence,
if they think they've found some.

    The infall of anything from space or bodies in
space is not off-topic for this List, is it? Of course,
since the Earth was totally assembled by the infall of
extraterrestrial material, I suppose you could regard
the entire planet as an 8000-mile-wide "meteorite"!
Shame about all that thermal alteration, though...

    "Meteorites" is a broad topic. Everybody on the
List is exposed to a certain amount of discussion
they could care about less; that's the way it always
is when lots of different people talk about something
from many differing points of view.

    I've been paging through recent postings to the List,
and you know what? I can't find an advertisement
for "New List Cop Wanted" anywhere.

Sterling K. Webb