[meteorite-list] Meteorites from Mercury

From: E.P. Grondine <epgrondine_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2008 13:45:21 -0800 (PST)

Hi everybody -

You know, every so often we get these exchanges of
rather short intense messages on the list about one or
another particular meteorite. The messages are short
and they begin suddenly and stop suddenly, and they're
between the experts and dealers of important
specimens.

"You got to know when to hold,
know when to fold them,
Know when to walk away
and know when to run.
You never count your money,
when you're sitting at the table.
There'll be time enough for counting
when the dealing's done."

In my opinion, by the time that you get an article in
Meteorite magazine or formal publication, the
dealing's done.

Most of the most important part what goes on does not
go on publicly on this list, but rather by private
messages.

The technique in general is called message traffic
analysis, or "traffic analysis".

But all of this is just my opinion, and I've had a
stroke.

E.P. Grondine
Man and Impact in the Americas