[meteorite-list] Al Haggounia 001 question

From: STARSANDSCOPES at aol.com <STARSANDSCOPES_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sun, 20 Jan 2008 21:09:19 EST

Hi list, This is Tom Phillips. I don't want to waist your time but I had a
question concerning Al Haggounia 001. I have read what has been written
about the weathering state of Al Haggounia 001 and it has been said that it is
likely not fossil but rather a highly water susceptible material (easily
weathered) that resided in water for a long time. I know this is not a
universally accepted scenario but one with some significant credentials behind it!

If this scenario was correct, would it be possible for paired meteorites
that did not spend time in water, collected in roughly the same area, and
looking like conventional moderately weathered meteorites to be found? High and
dry ones? The strewn field is over 30 kilometers!

If you think I am nuts, OK, but if you think it is possible I am curious.
What would or should it look like? Would it have a high magnetic attraction?

Thanks, Tom