[meteorite-list] Rocks from Space Picture of the Day - January14, 2008

From: Impactika at aol.com <Impactika_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2008 19:51:50 EST

Hello Matthias, Jason and List,

This is my very short version of a much longer but rather amusing story. If
you want to read the whole thing, and I strongly encourage you to do so, just
go there:

_http://www.lpi.usra.edu/meetings/metsoc2004/pdf/5038.pdf_
(http://www.lpi.usra.edu/meetings/metsoc2004/pdf/5038.pdf)

And yes, Henry Ward did try to steal it! And yes he did manage to talk
himself out of jail and into the authorization to cut a large chunk of the
meteorite he was trying to steal!

Meteorite-hunters will stop at nothing!!! ;-)

Anne M. Black
_www.IMPACTIKA.com_ (http://www.IMPACTIKA.com)
_IMPACTIKA at aol.com_ (mailto:IMPACTIKA at aol.com)
Vice-President, I.M.C.A. Inc.
_www.IMCA.cc_ (http://www.IMCA.cc)

In a message dated 1/14/2008 4:12:28 P.M. Mountain Standard Time,