[meteorite-list] Sale , USA's first and only R Chondrite fragments for sale!

From: wahlperry at aol.com <wahlperry_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sat, 12 Jan 2008 11:25:26 -0500

Hi,

I have a couple of pieces of the Nevada R chondrite I found for sale.
This is the first and only R chondrite found to date in the USA. Only a
few pieces will be available. TKW is only 70 grams. Classification was
done by the Smithsonian Institution and will be published in the next
Meteoritical Bulletin. The main mass is at TCU in the Oscar Monnig
Collection. Its classification is an R3-6 R chondrite. A few pictures
of the main mass are on my web page.

Piece #1 2.2 gram fragment with no crust.
Piece #2 3 gram fragment with fusion crust on one end.

Email me off list for price and pictures.
Thanks,
Sonny

www.nevadameteorites.com