[meteorite-list] RFS Picture of the Day Jan. 8 / weirdproperties of NWA ...

From: Kashuba <mary.kashuba_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue, 08 Jan 2008 23:03:06 -0800

Phil, List,

I put a couple slides of this material under the 'scope and found only very
small bits of metal in the blue lithology - and then, only in brownish areas
of it. (Yeah, but the slice is from a distinctly blue sample.) The brown
lithology had small, but naked eye size blebs of metal. It sounds like
brown, metal and magnetic are closely related. And that the blue lithology
started out with very little metal.

I just added three pictures to the bottom of this page:

http://johnkashuba.com/Pages/Meteorite%20Pages/Pictures/NWA2965EL3.htm#

Regards,

- John

John Kashuba