[meteorite-list] 10 Reasons Why Everyone Should Own A Meteorite!

From: Ruben Garcia <meteoritemall_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon, 7 Jan 2008 12:20:41 -0800 (PST)

Hi all,
This is funny. Anne why are you mad? I admitted that
there were 3 or 4 other women - you named 6 more -
besides you and Maria. Besides, It wasn't meant as a
"dis", or "slam" to women. It wasn't meant to be
derogatory in any way. I just made a statement. Women
for the most part DO NOT TAKE PART in meteorites or
meteorite hunting.

So what is your point again? That there are 8 women on
this list, or that there are 25, maybe 50 even? There
are (I've been told) over 700 people on this list. If
that's true and there are even 50 women that are
really into meteorite hunting or collecting on here.
Where are they?

I'm not talking about our wife's, girlfriends, sisters
or mothers. I'm taking about women that like
meteorites just because they are meteorites. Like
yourself, Maria, and a few others.

Men are the majority and most women are not at all
that interested in meteorites or meteorite hunting.

Now, contrast that to my last hobby, Music. More than
half of all people in attendance were women.

Ruben Garcia
Phoenix, Arizona
http://www.mr-meteorite.com