[meteorite-list] "not the best place to hunt meteorites"

From: Jerry <grf2_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2008 22:33:12 -0500

Lasse,
That's neat and simple but I learned that magnets can be deceptive in that
there's an ungodly amount of terrestrial iron in the rocks here in New
England. [maybe these here parts was never molten, ye think]
But It's a good 1st step.
I've yet to employ my newly acquired metal detector that Rubin used so
successfully out west so I'm all talk at this point. But I did become
discouraged after sending several magnetic samples off for testing before I
learned how to recognize most meterorites in the hand.
Jerry Flaherty