[meteorite-list] What doesn't this list use an online forum format?

From: Chris Peterson <clp_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2008 13:21:06 -0700

It's fine if a forum is both web and email based (like Yahoo, for
example). Personally, I hate web forums, however, and generally avoid
them. Email is so much more convenient, it comes when it comes and
doesn't have to be checked on some website. I wouldn't be on this list
if it was web-only.

I have pseudo-broadband Internet: satellite. It's my only option, and
the latency is horrible. Using forums and web-based email is simply
painful.

BTW, Outlook Express aside, most email readers these days are threaded,
so you should still be able to see messages grouped by subject, allowing
you to ignore threads of no interest.

Chris

Chris L Peterson
Cloudbait Observatory