[meteorite-list] Fwd: The SkyRock Cafe

From: Dave Gheesling <dave_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2008 20:37:18 -0500

All,

Darryl obviously needs no defense, so I won't bother here.

The problem, Joe, is that there was no negative comment whatsoever until
your little tirade, which was exactly what got things so "blown out of
proportion." I asked the question because I actually wanted the answer
(imagine that?). There was no attack (nor was my message broadcasted to the
list, and as a forum administrator I'll assume you know how to make that
determination). I'm sorry that you were "in a terrible mood...having a very
bad day...not in [your] normal frame of mind" and the like, but that's no
excuse to make that my (and the rest of the meteorite world's) problem.

The irony is that what I assume to be a part of your defense is something
about the met list that I and many others have found distasteful about it
from time to time (the childish name-calling garbage, etc), but I'm not sure
your response has put you in much of a position to boast of a higher ground
within your own forum.

When you say you "analogize," Joe, I assume you're making an apology and
I'll gladly accept it and move on...

Best regards and wishes,

Dave