[meteorite-list] Why doesn't Mars look like Mars?

From: Sterling K. Webb <sterling_k_webb_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2008 19:25:25 -0600

Hi, All,

    Didn't find the List Post, but believe you're referring to:
http://passporttoknowledge.com/mars/opportunityapr15.html
from 2004. Bounce Rock was equated with a shergottite.

    The proposal was put forth in this paper:

(Authors) Zipfel, J., Anderson, R., Br?ckner, J., Clark,
B.C., Dreibus, G., Economou, T., Gellert, R.,
Klingelh?fer, G., Lugmair, G.W., Ming, D., Rieder,
R., Squyres, S.W., D'Uston, C., W?nke, H.,
Yen, A., The Athena Science Team 2004.

"APXS Analyses of Bounce Rock - The First Shergottite on Mars."

Meteoritics & Planetary Science, 39, Supplement. Proceedings of
the 67th Annual Meeting of the Meteoritical Society, August 2-6, Rio de
Janeiro, Brazil, 5173 (abstract).

Sterling K. Webb