[meteorite-list] Re Starchasersmeteorites

From: JKGwilliam <h3chondrite_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sat, 16 Feb 2008 18:51:28 -0700

You are at the end of a long line of people who thought they needed
to warn ebay buyers about meteorite fraud. This subject has come up
on this list a lot of times in the past decade and after the thread
gets batted around for a while, most participants agree that it is
the responsibility of the buyer to educate himself. I'm looking for
an authentic antique butter churn (glass) right now. Do you think
there's a group of people out there watching and waiting to warm me
if an item is suspect? Everyone needs to do their own homework. Or,
they need to expect that they're going to get scammed once in a
while. Your attitude is applauded and would work in an idealistic
society. However, none of us live in that fairytale place.

Best,
John