[meteorite-list] AD- Hammer Meteorites Vehicle & House

From: Bob Evans <bobe5531_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri, 1 Feb 2008 21:19:51 -0600

Hello List,

Well looks like the lucky ones are in Tucson already and the rest of us are
stuck at home. 20 degrees and one foot of snow here. I could sure use some
AZ sunshine.
While the major dealers are busy in Tucson they have no time to put anything
exciting on ebay.
So, I have a couple of Hammer Specimens up for sale there. I have a fragment
that smashed through a roof and a kitchen floor and settled in the basement.
Imagine that happening to you? When I met with Phil Jones he entertained me
by telling me how his grandchildren thought that a animal had smashed
through their roof and kitchen floor and landed in their basement. You see
he said " The meteorite had fiberglass insulation stuck to it and the
children thought that it was some animal when they seen it on the floor in
the dark basement " Can you imagine that ? Its midnight and something
smashes through your roof and lands in your basement. What would you think
it was ? A meteorite? not likely.
Meeting with Phil was a rewarding and very profitable experience. He sold me
all the fragments that he had swept up from the kitchen and the basement.

The other hammer that I have up for auction is from a stone that hit a
towtruck less than 2 blocks from Winslow St. in Park Forest. I bought the
whole stone except for 2 fragments that the owner kept for his
grandchildren. This meteorite struck the step and put a dent in the
driverside door. If you collect rare meteorites that have hit vehicles this
is one that you should have. I have only sold one piece of this and that was
in 2006. So only 2 people own any of this meteorite. If you win you will be
the third.

Link for the auctions:
http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZmaccers531

Thanks for your time,