[meteorite-list] fraud and ebay

From: Greg Catterton <star_wars_collector_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Dec 2008 16:21:27 -0800 (PST)

Concerning fraud and ebay...
I contacted ebay by phone and email for about 2 weeks concerning Mitch Minors fake lunar material.
I provided them with several documents that clearly showed his material was not authentic.
I also informed them of the legal liability they assumed if they continued to allow him to list the it after they had been provided with proof of my claims of the fraudulent listings.
Mitch Minor no longer is selling the fake lunar material, his auctions were removed.

I would suggest for you to call ebay and handle it directly with them.
Here is a phone number that will allow you to speak with a real person:
1-800-701-3229 - Ebay
Remember, you will need to provide reasonable amount of proof to have them take action.

As far as flaming anyone, I feel that that will only reflect badly on the people that resort to that type of activity and also the members of this list in general.
I do think if the proof of guilt is substantial enough, the offender should be removed from this list - by allowing him to remain on this list will only condone his actions.

Greg
www.wanderingstarmeteorites.com