[meteorite-list] MERRY CHRISTMAS!

From: lebofsky at lpl.arizona.edu <lebofsky_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu, 25 Dec 2008 04:28:24 -0700 (MST)

Hello Everyone:

Nancy and I want to wish you and your families a happy holiday season, on
this, the fortieth anniversary of one of the most famous images from the
Apollo era. On Christmas Eve, 1968, Bill Anders in the Apollo spacecraft
orbiting the Moon, took the attached image as the Earth ?rose? over the
barren lunar landscape. This image brought home to many how beautiful, yet
fragile, our home is.

http://meteoritemagazine.blogspot.com/

Larry and Nancy

PS This is an experiment with a Blog I have created for Meteorite
magazine. I hope it works!
PPS If you were standing on the Moon, would you ever see the Earth rise?