[meteorite-list] Christmas Greetings

From: Pete Shugar <pshugar_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Dec 2008 23:47:24 -0600

May I please have a few moments of your time to offer
a very heartfelt thanks to all the great meteorite dealers
as well the many collectors that grace our wonderful
list with so much wisdom, wit, and yes, even some
bickering amoungst other list members.

I can not help but feel that each and every meteorite
is a messenger from the Gods. The science learned
from all the meteorite falls and finds has made us all
far more knowledgeable of how our little corner of the
universe was formed and as this process still continues today.

I watched the complete space program from start to finish.
That was a long time ago. Just over two years ago, I lived
in a wonderful spot----on the Northern edge of the Odessa
strewnfield. I visited the new museum, even getting to be there
at the dedication.

My first meteorite was an Odessa (I still have it).
Then I discovered Ebay and one of my first purchases was
a Lunar meteorite--a very small micro.(Thank you, Greg).
With wonder, I opened the gem jar and actually touched the
moon, a place that over 35 years ago, I watched in facination
as Neil stepped into history.

Meteorite collecting and dealing is a world wide business.
Let us never lose sight of the fact that our hobby just may
ignite a joy, a love of science, that will raise up a new
Armstrong (to maybe in our lifetime) walk on another
planet----Mars.

May the seasons best wishes visit all in the coming new year.

Pete IMCA 1733