[meteorite-list] Meteorite Paperweights

From: Michael Farmer <meteoriteguy_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Dec 2008 14:19:55 -0800 (PST)

Darrly Pitt made those Mars cubes, (now, those were pretty cool) but the Zagami dust was inside a glass vial and thus the lucite stuck to it easier than it would to a raw meteorite. He told me the failure rate for those was more than 60%. That is what I was referring to. I have seen Fukang encased in resin as well, when it works, it looks great, but again, massive failure rate, and the material encased is really destroyed in the process. The resin does not often adhere to the object, and shows a bubble where it fails to adhere, making the object look like crap.
Michael Farmer