[meteorite-list] IMCA, ads

From: E.P. Grondine <epgrondine_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue, 16 Dec 2008 12:12:59 -0800 (PST)

Hi everyone -

I remember when ebay first came along, and the discussions. The next generation is going to be other online auctions. CDbaby is eating ebay alive in the music business.

Hopefully, at some point, the software to handle online auctions will be turn-key, and meteorites will have their own auction site. Ebay's deficits are well known, and why should they be making money instead of the dealers, and why should the customers be paying ebay premiums?

While every market is down now, I still think that museum sales will expand the collector base. The spacer.com site looks good as well. I hope one of you jumps on the pen thing for your Moon and Mars cuttings.

Two years ago, while some folks here were beating up on Hibben, and one year ago, when some people here were beating up on Firestone et al., I mentioned that some day there would be a market for impacttites from the black mats. With a 1 inch thick layer in Sandusky, that day is growing nearer.

Good Hunting,
E.P. Grondine
Man and Impact in the Americas