[meteorite-list] New Meteorite Book

From: McCartney Taylor <mccartney_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sat, 13 Dec 2008 20:57:02 -0600

Yes, I can confirm the rumors that I have a meteorite book coming out soon.

Its actually a monograph which is different than a book. For those non native English speakers, a monograph is a book extremely focused on a subject matter.

In this case, its focused on just the Santa Lucia Meteorite Fall that occurred in January, 2008. I was fortunate to be the only field researcher there after the fall. The monograph contains my field notes, color pictures, stories, research, new Argentine law issues, and other items related to just this fall. 65 pages.

This will be the first in a series of monographs covering meteorite falls and fines I've researched. That will include Tanzania, Deport, the new Canadian, etc... I'll roll these out when I damn well feel like it. :0)

I'll give the list a heads up when it comes available.

-mt