[meteorite-list] the las palmas iron

From: steve arnold <stevenarnold60120_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Dec 2008 11:20:50 -0800 (PST)

Hi list.I just received my 174 gram LAS PALMAS iron from bob c.This is the new iron which is in classification even as we speak.Ted Bunch is doing the classing.When I was at bob's house,I saw alot of these irons.Very sculpted and very nice natural patina color.They are saying that this might be a new iron.Here are a few items that might suggest so.These irons were found 200 miles to the east of the campo strewn field,plus alto of these irons are highly oriented,where most campo's are not.Also these were found in a 100 square foot field.Making it very small.They were also found in a very dry location.They are guessing that the TKW might be just under 1000 kilo's.Not alto for an iron.When cleaned,like my piece,they are a beauty to behold and do not have the same characteristics as a campo.Bob has listed a few on eBay where alto more info can be seen.The natural ones with the light patina are very nice as well.You should get one before they are gone.Plus he
 is doing free shipping on these.Most are at very reasonable prices.Have a great day.

Steve R.Arnold,Chicago! http://chicagometeorites.net/