[meteorite-list] Update on Colorado fireball

From: mail at mhmeteorites.com <mail_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon, 8 Dec 2008 20:39:33 +0000

I had the privilege to map the geology of the north part of the Ft Carson base in 2002-2003. The area is very rugged, much like Glorieta, and is full of rocks. Not the best hunting grounds. I remember driving down one of the base roads in a remote area, and was ambushed by several men that were dressed like terrorists (masks, black clothing and machine guns). They thought I was part of the exercise. I explained who I was and we all had a laugh, but I nearly soiled myself!

The area north of the base is extremely rugged with a few thousand feet in elevation changes, very remote (don't get lost) and full of mountain lions. I am not trying to scare you away, but this is no walk in the park.

Matt