[meteorite-list] NEW Olivine Diogenite - NWA 4223 - AD

From: Jeff Grossman <jgrossman_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sun, 07 Dec 2008 18:19:25 -0500

I guess I have to keep saying it, but there ain't no such thing as an
"official" classification. NWA 4223 was classified as an
"olivine-bearing diogenite" by Connolly et al. (2007: MB92), citing data
submitted by Tony Irving and colleagues (who may or may not have
classified it exactly the same way when they submitted it to the
NomCom). This classification does not imply endorsement by any
officials. It only means that the classification was deemed to be
reasonable.

jeff

--
Dr. Jeffrey N. Grossman       phone: (703) 648-6184
US Geological Survey          fax:   (703) 648-6383